I just went for a sunday walk. Starting at my door, up the Uetli-Berg, following the ridge to Albispass and back again along the Sihl River. 7 hours of straight walking with 2 breaks for a total of 7.5 hours outdoor time. 688hm (up and down again) and 35.6km (according to google maps).
- bring sunscreen, even if the day looks overcast and cloudy at first. This one turned into a real torcher, burning me quite a bit.
- don't try this on a single bowl of cereal. By the time I got back I was running on fumes.
- Switzerland is beautiful. Except when it's not - compare building an Autobahn over a river. Who in their right mind would do that?!
- the Swiss like to barbeque and have public places for "Grillieren" all over the place. Great culture!
- there is free drinking water coming out of the mountain on every corner
- my new daypack is great
- the trails are all top notch, well maintained and well signed
- there are _lots_ of mountain bikers when the weather is great
- the real mountains are still quite some ways off. Snow capped peaks always visible on the horizon but tentatively out of reach (for now! ;-) )
the freeways are a psychological entanglement of warped souls
dying flowers in the dying hour of the dying day....
what you see on the freeway is just what there is
a funeral procession of the dead
the greatest horror of our time in motion
see you there tomorrow.
Why The Fuck?!
Das gesamte schweizerische Wanderweg-Netz umfasst 63 779 km, wovon 23 533 km Bergwanderwege (Zahlen 2009).
Eine unglaubliche Zahl, wenn man bedenkt, dass es in der Schweiz gesamthaft «nur»
71 300 Kilometer Strassen (National-, Kantonal- und Gemeindestrassen) und 5 100 km Schienen gibt (Zahlen 2007).
=> I've got some hiking to do!